What is interpretation?
Interpretation is communication…
Interpretation is about telling a story…
Interpretation is a vital part of how people experience the places they visit - our towns and countryside, our historic sites and monuments, our museums and galleries.
Good interpretation will leave your visitors feeling connected, inspired and alive with curiosity. They will understand your site or collection better. They will enjoy themselves more and are more likely to return (or at least tell their friends and family to visit). Reference – Scottish Natural Heritage
Factors to consider when preparing your story
- Reading age of the audience – in general, a ‘reading age’ of 9–12 is a good level at which to write your text.
- Word length - as a guideline, an interpretive panel should contain a maximum of 200 words.
- Writing style - it is very important that your text relates to your audience.
- Illustrations - pictures are often far better at communicating than words.
BlueSky Environmental Solutions specialise in the design, printing and installation of the following media formats.
Our services include:
- Graphic panels – a range of styles and sizes for presentations, visitor centres and information kiosks
- Notice boards – a range of vandal resistant styles and sizes for interior and exterior use
- Signs and waymarkers – including development of “in-house” styles in a range of materials including timber and recycled materials
- Maps and site plans - a range of vandal resistant styles and sizes for interior and exterior use
- Leaflets – single sheet and double sided, folded A4 and A3 formats
- Self- guided walk/trail leaflets - single sheet and double sided, folded A4 and A3 formats
- Pond-dipping identification sheets – laminated and customised with your school, company or organisation name and logo
- Publications – printed and electronic format booklets
- Computer interactive – electronic site guides with hyperlinked points of interest, ideal for visitor centres and information kiosks
Please contact us to discuss your interpretation and installation requirements.